AAA Colorado offers two types of travel protection:
- Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance (additional purchase)
- Travel Accident Insurance which is included for all AAA Members when booking through AAA Travel
Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance
Protect your investment and your peace of mind with Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance. Travel insurance protects you when the unexpected happens — cancellation of travel plans, lost baggage and travel delays.
AAA Travel partners with Allianz Global Assistance to offer our Members travel insurance. When you purchase Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance, you will also benefit from their 24-hour emergency assistance hotline staffed with multilingual representatives who can help replace lost tickets and travel documents, make an emergency cash transfer, and who may provide assistance during medical or legal emergencies.
No matter what kind of trip you’re taking, Allianz Global Assistance has a plan that’s right for you:
- TripAssist Essential: For domestic traveler looking for cancellation and trip interruption coverage but is not interested in post-departure benefits. Our lowest-priced plan.
- TripAssist Basic Plan: For travelers who prefer affordable coverage, including trip cancellation and lost/damaged baggage benefits. Great for weekend getaways and overnight trips.
- TripAssist Family Care Plan: Doubles most post-departure coverage of Family Care- kids 17 & under covered for free
- TripAssist Deluxe: Insurance, assistance and concierge services with our highest levels of coverage.
- Annual Executive Plan: Our Annual Executive plan provides business travelers with coverage for the frequent travel inconveniences that can turn into missed business opportunities and lost revenue.
- Annual Deluxe Plan: Our Annual Deluxe plan is the perfect companion for your family’s multiple trips throughout the year.
Car Rental Protector
- Rental Car Damage Protector provides primary coverage for covered collision, loss and damage, along with 24-hour emergency assistance. For only $9 per day you can be covered, and won’t have to worry about using your personal car insurance company.
Travel Accident Insurance – Included in travel purchased through AAA Travel
Description of Coverage
As a AAA member, you receive Travel Accident Insurance coverage automatically when your trip is arranged and purchased through your AAA Travel Agency. The plan covers members up to $100,000.
This program covers you for accidental loss of life, limbs, sight, speech or hearing while traveling in a common carrier when the transportation is arranged through your local AAA Travel Agency.
Common Carrier means any land, water, or air conveyance operated by those whose occupation or business is the transportation of persons without discrimination and for hire. The benefit also applies while traveling in a common carrier or a private passenger automobile directly to or from a terminal, station or airport, immediately before or after scheduled arrival or departure, and while traveling in a rental car whose lease has been arranged through the local AAA Travel Agency along with any airline or common carrier transportation. Please see brochure for a complete description of coverage, terms and exclusions.
AAA Travel Accident Insurance Brochure
You can keep a copy for your records. It will serve as an important reminder of the valuable protection you will have under this plan.
Download – AAA Travel Accident Insurance brochure