March 25, 2020
Keeping people safe is at the heart of everything that we do at AAA Colorado. It’s been our guiding principle since we first came together nearly 100 years ago. To that end, I am writing to ask for your partnership in keeping our members and employees safe as Colorado and the world deal with the challenges posed by COVID-19, or the novel Coronavirus.
To our cherished travelers: It’s no secret that the travel outlook as it relates to this challenge is changing on a daily – and almost hourly – basis. That’s why AAA Colorado is proud to have earned your trust as a reliable, informed, and informative advocate for our customers. Our travel team is working around-the-clock to proactively contact near-future travelers whose plans are affected by recent restrictions and cancellations. Separately, we are extending customer service availability by phone so that our experts can answer any questions you may have about upcoming plans. Visit AAA.com for more information.
Additionally, out of an abundance of caution, please note that each of our 11 retail locations are no longer open to both AAA members and the public at this time. Fortunately, we are able to handle most store-based member transactions over the phone. Call 303-753-8800 and we will be happy to connect with you.
Rest assured that our best-in-class roadside assistance will continue as this challenge progresses. AAA takes the health and safety of our Members and Associates seriously and we are taking preventative measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus. To protect the health of our community – customers, staff, and the public – we are taking the following precautions as we dispatch roadside calls:
- During road service calls, AAA service providers will be limiting physical contact with members – so please understand if we are unable to shake your hand when we arrive to you and your vehicle.
- If you are exhibiting symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, or if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for novel Coronavirus, please inform our dispatchers when you place your call for Emergency Roadside Assistance so that we can take the necessary precautions for employee and member safety.
- For your protection, and the protection of our service providers, you will not be allowed to ride with the service driver to the tow destination to ensure compliance with social distancing recommendations by the CDC and other relevant authorities.
- While you wait for the service provider to arrive please seek alternate transportation.
- We are here for you and will do our best to assist you in securing a ride should it be required.
We have implemented robust new sanitization protocols in our trucks and at our retail stores, and we are following CDC guidance on personal hygiene and, where possible, social distancing. There is no question that Coronavirus presents new challenges for the way we do business. The good news is that we all have the power to keep each other safe through small steps such as washing our hands. Thank you for doing your part and thank you for being a AAA member.
President & CEO