AAA's Continuing Response to COVID-19
June 1, 2020
Keeping people safe is at the heart of everything that we do at AAA Colorado. It’s been our guiding principle since we first came together nearly 100 years ago. Equally important is our commitment to customer service, and to serving you when and how you expect.
To that end, we are working diligently to re-open our retail locations to our Members and the public, and we’re confident we’ll be back in business, in-person, soon. We’re so excited to see you again! When you do return to our locations, you’ll find we’ve changed a few things in order to protect your health and the health of employees.
Here’s how we’ve prepared:
- We’ve established a comprehensive return-to-office plan that prioritizes employee and member safety and health. To evaluate when and how a facility can re-open, we’re relying on data, defined criteria, and guidelines from local, state, and federal authorities. We’ll let you know as soon as the store closest to you is back in action – and you can expect a gradual, phased re-opening to begin in June.
- Right now, we’re modifying our facilities to ensure safety. Our locations are currently being equipped with plexiglass, new signage, hand sanitizer stations, and new layouts to accommodate social distancing. We’re also increasing our daily and weekly cleaning protocols.
- We may ask you to wear a mask when you come and visit, just as all our employees do. If you don’t have a mask, we’ll be happy to provide you with one.
- What hasn’t changed is the world-class, one-on-one treatment you’ve come to expect from AAA.
Because we provide our legendary roadside assistance around the clock, our informal motto has always been “We Never Close.” That’s been true across our business throughout this challenge, as we’ve made the complete range of our travel, insurance, and automotive services available by phone and through new technologies.
For those of you gearing up for your next great road trip, we’re still here to help. At AAA.com/TripTik, you can plan and customize a fantastic summer experience. Not only are you able to book hotels, find gas stations, learn about road construction and more, you will also be able to print your TripTik and access it from any mobile device, ensuring you have all the information needed at your fingertips along your journey. Or you can give us a call at 866-625-3601 and we'll happily put together a TripTik for you.
Similarly, at AAA.com/TravelGuides, you can access hundreds of online travel guides. Just type in any city or destination to get the latest information and recommendations for hotels, attractions, restaurants, and more.
Both tools are also available via our AAA Mobile App, which you can download at AAA.com/App.
No matter what you need, we’re here to help – just as we’ve always been. Call 1-800-AAA-HELP and our team will take care of you, no matter if you’re calling about insurance, travel, or anything else. After all, we’ve never closed!
Finally, our new health and safety protocols limiting physical contact with members during roadside calls will continue:
- During road service calls, AAA service providers will be limiting physical contact with members – so please understand if we are unable to shake your hand when we arrive to you and your vehicle.
- If you are exhibiting symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, or if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for novel Coronavirus, please inform our dispatchers when you place your call for Emergency Roadside Assistance so that we can take the necessary precautions for employee and member safety.
- Most of the time, we can get your vehicle running without a tow. If you think you will need a tow, we ask that you make arrangements for alternate transportation. For your protection, and the protection of our service providers, you will not be allowed to ride with the service driver to the tow destination to ensure compliance with social distancing recommendations by the CDC and other relevant authorities.
- We are here for you and will do our best to assist you in securing a ride should it be required.
At AAA Colorado, we’re here to help you get moving again. We can’t wait to see you soon!
Thanks for being a member,