2020 Denver PrideFest – A Virtual Event
Jun 20th, 11:00am - 6:00pm
This year’s PrideFest will be a virtual celebration due to limits on large public gatherings because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The shift towards online festivities will help prevent the spread of the coronavirus, while still providing a safe way to celebrate the culture and heritage of the LGBTQ community.
- Virtual parade: The Center will ask community businesses and organizations to enter fun-filled videos that will be livestreamed as a “parade” with live commentary.
- Virtual 5K: People will enter the 5K, run their race and submit their time independently. The Center will reward their efforts with a t-shirt and other prizes.
- Virtual entertainment: The Center is working to gather online entertainment from performers who were previously scheduled to perform live.
- Virtual dance party: DJs from various clubs around town will present a dance party via Twitch.
- Virtual Exhibitor Page: An online marketplace will allow the public to virtually browse a collection of exhibitors who will sell merchandise online.
- Pride Decorating Contest: The Center will encourage the public to decorate their houses or apartment balconies for pride and share their photos online.
- Pride Job Fair: Job seekers will be able to visit an online job board that will post jobs from LGBT-friendly employers.
Sat: 11 a.m.–7 p.m.
Sun: 11 a.m.–6 p.m.