ASK THE EXPERT: 5 ways to choose the right river cruise
River cruising is one of the most popular ways to travel. Yet, many travelers hear the word “cruise” and envision thousands of people packed onto a cruise ship. You won’t encounter this on a river cruise. Guests enjoy a more intimate experience, with fewer people, and a smooth sailing experience. Plus, many of the amenities and excursions are included in the price.
Consider these factors when planning your perfect river cruise vacation:
- Age of travelers – Some companies require guests to be 18 years or older, while others offer family friendly itineraries.
- Activity level – Most activities on a river cruise occur off the ship; however, you can find fitness classes, wellness programs, and other activities onboard. Of course, you can just relax as well.
- Culinary appreciation – All river cruise companies serve delectable meals, but some offer a little more to emphasize their award-winning culinary cuisine with multiple onboard dining venues.
- Cultural and destination desires – There are a variety of shore excursions to explore a destination’s historical sites, experience its cultural heritage, or get a later start on seeing the sights.
- Sense of value – You can choose an all-inclusive vacation or simply pay only for what you want with AAA’s preferred travel partners.
There can be lots of aspects to think about when selecting a river cruise. My best advice is to contact me or any of my fellow AAA Travel Agents. We can walk through all the options that are important to you, to help you find the best experience.