Vibrant Seasonal Colors
Autumn in New England
Fall is an incredible time to explore beautiful cities, rural, coastal, and mountainous areas, all bursting with spectacular colors. Sugar maple trees take on rich shades of fiery red, oak trees turn fluorescent orange, and birch trees pop with a bright, glistening yellow. From sugar shacks, to spectacular coastal drives, to enjoying some of the best seafood in the world - this vacation offers an abundance of charm and variety. These are the top-recommended fall foliage vacations by AAA Colorado.
Grand New England Ken Burns American Journeys
2021 & 2022 dates available (going fast)
Experience insider stories about New England during filmed narratives by documentary filmmakers Ken Burns and Dayton Duncan.Travel to Boston, Williamstown, Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park, Mount Washington and Portland.
- Private Tauck schooner cruise on the waters off Bar Harbor in Maine
- A private tour and lunch at Edith Wharton’s Berkshire home, The Mount
- A New England farm-to-table cooking demonstration and dinner in Vermont
- An exclusive hands-on lobstering experience in Portland with a local lobsterma
Our New England Cruise in Autumn’s Glory
October 2022 dates available
At the peak of autumn’s glory, this exclusive 9-day Small Ship Cruise will take you to historic ports where larger ships can’t go. Explore Acadia National Park, created from land donated by early 20th-century visionaries
- Step ashore in Boothbay Harbor, a charming quintessentially New England harbor town rarely found on the itineraries of larger cruise ships.
- Explore the history of the first pilgrims who stepped ashore in Provincetown.
- Delight in the Victoria-era architecture of Martha’s Vineyard and see the colorful Cliffs of Aquinnah rising up from the beach
- Delve into Nantucket’s colorful maritime history at the Whaling Museum and see one of the island’s oldest homes, built in 1686.
New England’s Fall Foliage Small Group
2021 & 2022 dates available
Embark on a colourful autumnal journey through this picturesque corner of the USA and experience fall foliage in all its glory. Think glorious orange and red hues set against lush forests and tranquil lakes.
- Delve into Boston's transformative past as you follow part of the red-brick Freedom Trail.
- You'll visit the quintessential Vermont village of Woodstock and capture the Silver Cascade waterfall and Bretton Woods, which offers stunning views of Mount Washington.
- Drive along the famous Ocean Drive in Kennebunkport and see the fabulous homes of the rich and famous, all while staying at the best addresses yourself.
- With an expert naturalist, learn about the wildlife and ecology of the North Woods
2021 & 2022 dates available
As autumn arrives, admire fiery foliage flames on your New England fall tour from Beantown to the rocky headlands of Maine.
- Scenic drives along the Mohawk Trail and Kancamagus Highway pausing for insights from flora and fauna specialists
- Visit Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory, where you’ll learn about the company's history, and sample their euphoric flavors
- Visit Acadia National Park, the first National Park established East of the Mississippi
- Weaving along the Freedom Trail, delve into the rich history of the American Revolution
- Stop at Lexington and Concord, the site where "the shot heard round the world" was fired
Fall Colors of New England
2021, 2022 & 2023 dates available
If the idea of New England brings images of picture perfect villages, sleepy fishing towns, vast swathes of golden beaches and presidential summer homes into your mind’s eye, this trip will not disappoint.
- Set out along the Freedom Trail in Boston to see the historic sites
- Stop at Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks in Montpelier, Vermont to taste “sugar on snow”
- Visit the seashore of Cape Cod with its massive sand dunes and long sandy beaches
- Discover the quintessential New England town of North Conway, full of historic buildings, quaint antique shops, bookstores and bakeries