Advisory: Travel Event of the Year
2020 Travel Expo to feature more than 60 exhibitors in 30,000-square-feet travel show at Empower Field at Mile High.
WHAT: Whether you're a seasoned traveler or just beginning to plan your first big vacation, there's no better place to put together the trip of a lifetime than the 2020 Travel Expo by AAA, one of Colorado's largest travel shows — featuring unique expertise you won't find anywhere else.
FOR MEDIA: Several world-renowned travel experts will be available for interview in the lead-up to the event. Details and bios below.
WHEN: Friday, January 31 | 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday, February 1 | 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
WHERE: Empower Field at Mile High
1701 Bryant Street, Denver, CO 80204
Event entrance: Gate 7
WHY: This is one of 2020's best opportunities to plan, book, and prepare for your next trip.
- The expo offers diverse, life-changing travel experiences ranging from experiential adventures to relaxing vacations, luxury to off-the-beaten-path explorations, solo to family adventures, plus foodie, historical, and cultural jaunts around the world and more.
- Know you want to travel in 2020, but haven't figured out where? We've got you covered: Join Patricia Schultz, the author of the #1 New York Times Bestseller "1000 Places to See Before You Die," for her top destinations for 2020.
- Dreaming of that day you'll adventure to the Arctic or Antarctic? Enjoy presentations from world-renowned polar expert Denise Landau as she discusses her eco-adventures and the untamed wilds of these parts of the world.
- Not sure what to pack, or even where to begin? Anne McAlpin, "the packing lady" as seen on Oprah and other national broadcasts, will be presenting tips and best practices.
- Once you've knocked packing out of the park with Anne's fresh ideas, head to the AAA Travel Store for show-only discounts on luggage, travel accessories, and apparel.
- Both first-time and seasoned travelers will learn new, trending, and helpful travel information from 60+ travel experts.
- Day of Show Discounts & Special Offers: Did you know AAA members receive some of the best travel benefits and discounts on the market?
- Apply for your passport onsite with free passport photos for attendees.
- Need an International Driving Permit? Purchase and receive one onsite.
- AAA Travel is the largest leisure travel agency in North America, and our experienced agents will be onsite to answer your questions and to book your next dream vacation.
MEDIA AVAILABILITY: The following experts will be available for interviews on Thursday, January 30 and Friday, January 31. Contact Skyler McKinley at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or to schedule an interview. Additionally, media tickets are available for the duration of the Travel Expo.
Patricia Schultz is the author of the #1 New York Times bestsellers "1,000 Places to See Before You Die" and "1,000 Places to See in the United States and Canada Before You Die." A veteran travel journalist with over 30 years of experience, she’s written for Frommer’s, Berlitz, and Access travel guides, as well as the Wall Street Journal, Condé Nast Traveler, and Travel Weekly, where she is a contributing editor. Her home base is in New York City, but good luck finding her there.
A nationally recognized travel expert, author and packing guru, McAlpin has been inspiring travelers for over 25 years as a guest on Oprah, The View, CNN and PBS. Anne has traveled to over 80 countries and 6 continents experiencing all types of travel, from ocean and river cruises to adventure travel to a solo trip around the world. She continues to travel the world and host workshops based on her best-selling book, "Pack It Up! The Essential Guide to Smart Travel." With her wealth of travel experience, Anne has designed her packing workshops with one goal in mind: to make travel easier and more fun for everyone! At our AAA Travel Expo, you’ll learn how to pack the essential items for your dream vacation without lugging around a heavy bag.
Denise Landau is one the world's most respected polar conservationists. She is the President and CEO of the 501(c)(3) conservation group “Friends of South Georgia Island” and is a Trustee for South Georgia Heritage Trust. She additionally serves on the Board of Governors for the American Polar Society and is the former Executive Director of the International Association of Antarctica Tour Operators. Denise was the spokesperson for the tourism industry at Antarctic Treaty Consultative meetings for 12 years. As a result of her many years of work within the industry, the US government named a glacier located in the Antarctic Peninsula in her honor: the “Landau Glacier”.
About AAA Colorado
More than 695,000 members strong, AAA Colorado is the state’s greatest advocate for the safety and security of all travelers. As North America’s largest motoring and leisure travel organization, AAA provides more than 60 million members with travel, insurance, financial, and automotive-related services — as well as member-exclusive savings. A not-for-profit organization since its founding in 1923, AAA Colorado has been recognized as the number one Colorado company its size for its advocacy, community engagement, and corporate social responsibility efforts – and is a proud member of Points of Light’s “The Civic 50 Colorado,” recognizing the 50 most community-minded companies in the state. For more information, visit AAA.com.